Perusall® is a free social learning platform for reading and annotating that helps motivate learners through active and collaborative methods.
What are the benefits?
- Perusall® allows instructors to upload their teaching materials to one place for students to make annotations or ask questions.
- Perusall® turns reading into an engaging and collective peer-to-peer learning experience.
- Perusall® is committed to accessibility and has detailed information about accessibility and accessibility support.
- Perusall® can be integrated into learning management systems.
- The Perusall® website contains a blog and webinars so that users can acquire knowledge and share ideas.
What are the drawbacks?
- Instructors can only use materials that they have the rights to use.
- The paid version is required to purchase a text book from Perusall® or to enter a code for a textbook purchased elsewhere.
How can it be used in education?
- Instructors can assign reading before the class meets and make annotations for items that are noteworthy.
- Students can use the annotations to ask a question. Other students may answer the questions to clarify.
- Instructors can track student engagement through questions and annotations.
Perusall® dashboard (teacher version)
Introduction to Perusall®