What is it?
Explain Everything is a free interactive whiteboard that can be used on desktops, tablets, and cell phones. It is available on both Google Play and the Apple App Store.
What are the benefits?
- Users can draw, write, import, and record (audio/video) content.
- Text, photos, and videos can be shared in real-time and asynchronously.
What are the drawbacks?
- Users must register with an email account, but an account is not required for viewers.
How can it be used?
- Can be used in real-time to explain concepts to students.
- Can be used with PowerPoint or Google Docs to draw attention to certain parts of the slide.
- Can be used for assessments where students solve a problem and narrate their thinking.
- Instructors can present information to learners in a visually engaging way that they can later revisit on their own.
- Learners can create, present, and share their work individually or in group projects.
A Tour of Explain Everything Interactive Whtieboard
Getting Started with Explain Everything for Teachers