Diigo is a free social bookmarking platform that allows users to collect, annotate, and tag online resources.
What are the benefits?
- Users can access diigo at anytime, from anywhere.
- Users can follow users through an RSS feed.
- Users can embed their own RSS feed into a learning management system such as Canvas, but they need an additional service called Inoreader. This service is free but it requires registration.
What are the drawbacks?
- Users must register for diigo.
- It is unknown what level of accessibility diigo provides.
How can it be used in education?
- Teachers can use it to easily share resources with students.
- Students can use it to organize information by topic for projects and research papers.
- Teachers can use it for collaborative projects.
The links in the embedded sample below open in another window.
Diigo Update: December 2016