ZeeMaps is a free tool that allows users to create, publish, and store interactive maps.
What are the benefits?
- The tool can be used on all smart phones and tablets.
- Maps can be created in the program or by using spreadsheets.
- Users can use an unlimited number of markers on their map.
- Users do not need to sign up, but it is recommended in order to save a map and have access to it later.
- Multiple users can collaborate on the same map.
- Maps can be shared.
What are the drawbacks?
- Only 100 lifetime views are allowed without a paid plan.
- There is a small cost for creating a PDF of the map.
How can it be used in education?
- ZeeMaps allows students to collaborate on projects.
- Students are able to visualize geographic data in order to make meaning of learning content.
- Teachers can add images, video, and text information so that students can interact with the material.
- Teachers can highlight where a story, news item, or historical event takes place.
Introduction to Zee Maps