Screencast-O-Matic is a free video recording and editing program that allows users to create videos using their screen, webcam, or both. This program is available for Chromebook, MAC, or Windows. Screencast-O-Matic is very easy to use and integrates easily with learning management systems and other platforms. After a video is created, the user can edit it in the program and save it as a file, upload it to Screencast-O-Matic, or upload it directly to YouTube.
What are the benefits?
- Screen-Cast-O-Matic is easy to use.
- Videos can be created right from the user’s computer.
- It’s easy to upload from Screencast-O-Matic to YouTube.
What are the drawbacks?
- It’s not available for mobile devices.
- It only allows you to record up to 15 minutes with the free version.
- The free version does not automatically create closed captions, but it does provide a way for the user to generate closed captions in the program.
- The free version does not allow users to add text or draw, but the cheapest paid version is less than $2.00 per month.
How can it be used in education?
- It can be used to record welcome videos for online courses.
- The screen share option can be used for quick tutorials where a computer screen needs to be shared.
How to Download Screencast-O-Matic
Upload Scerencast-O-Matic to YouTube