What is it?
Mote is a free Google extension that allows users to provide voice feedback in documents, assignments, and emails.
What are the benefits?
- Teachers can provide more authentic and meaningful feedback to learners on their work.
- Feedback can be provided to learners in a mode that is personalized to their preferred learning style, i.e. auditory.
- Teachers can track learner activity and engagement with Mote.
- Mote can also be used in Google Slides and Google Sheets.
What are the drawbacks?
- Users must have a Google account.
- With the free account, users are limited to 30 seconds of recording per note.
- Voice-to-text and translation are not available in the free version, but there is the option to add a transcription.
- Learners need to have the extension to listen to the comments made by the teacher. If they do not have the extension, they can click a link to go to another site.
How can it be used in education?
- Teachers can leave voice comments on student assignments.
- Learners can leave voice comments to group members in group assignments.
Mote Tutorial for Teachers