Welcome to Job Club!
Each of the Job Club modules listed below covers an aspect of the job preparation, application, and retention processes. This project is part of an ongoing collaboration between the Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS) and the Virginia Adult Learning Resource Center (VALRC).
There are six Job Club modules. Each module contains a presentation with an optional script, an accompanying workbook, and additional resources and activities for extension beyond the session. These modules are intended to be used as part of a facilitated series of sessions and are not intended for self-study. Self-study versions will be available (and added here) in early 2024, so please come back!
- Getting Started: Budgeting, Goal-setting, & Social Media & Virtual Etiquette
- Career Exploration: Career Interests, Work Values, & Skills Inventories
- Job Search and Application Process
- Job Readiness: Resumes, Cover Letters, & Interviews
- Job Retention
- Disclosure: A) Disability Disclosure and B) Disclosure for Returning Citizens (optional course)