What is Flipgrid?
Flipgrid is a video discussion platform that can be used by teachers and students. Using Flipgrid, teachers create a grid or virtual space focuesd on a topic or lesson. Students then respond to the topics using video. Flipgrid is fully accessible.
How do you obtain Flipgrid?
Flipgrid is available for desktop computers and mobile devices and can be obtained from the Flipgrid website, Apple app store, Googleplay, and Microsoft.
What are the benefits?
- Promotes social learning and collaboration
- Promotes active learning
- Gives students a voice in learning
What are the drawbacks?
- The user has to give Flipgrid acces to their camera and microphone
How can Flipgrid be used in education?
- Students respond by video rather than text
- Can be used as a formative assessment
- #GridPals section can be used by foreign language teachers to connect with students and teachers around the world
The teacher creates the topic and poses the question.
The student enters the Flip Code.
The student answers the question by creating a video.
The student submits the video.