VALRC: Quality Teaching Online Open Discussion
- This event has passed.
March 8 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This Spring VALRC is hosting two Quality Teaching Online Open Discussions. Each session will have a specific focus and will include some brief information about the topic and opportunities for participants to share their questions, experiences, and resources regarding that session’s topic. The goal is for all participants to leave each session with advice, resources, and new practices or strategies to try in the classroom.
Participants can attend any or all of these sessions and should be prepared to share their current instructional issues and questions, as well as be willing to provide their expertise and advice, and share resources with others.
This session is focused on student Engagement and Use of technology tools in the online or blended learning classroom.
During this session, the following topics may be addressed:
- Setting expectations for student participation
- Engaging learners with Synchronous and Asynchronous methods
- Using UDL to meet the needs of all learners
- Managing group work
- Integrating instructional technologies for online learning activities such as Google Docs, Jamboard, Kahoot, Quizlet, etc.
- Creating screencasts/videos for online learning
- Utilizing a learning management system like Canvas, Blackboard, Google Classroom, Schoology, etc.