VALRC: Enhancing Access for Refugees and New Americans – Applying EARN to Virginia Adult Education
- This event has passed.
November 29, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
The goal of this webinar is to disseminate strategies from the national webinar series on enhancing access for refugees and new Americans to the adult education programs in Virginia. During this presentation, participates will be able to learn about the EARN project and how those strategies can be applied to adult education services in the state of Virginia.
OCTAE’s EARN Project:
- Recognizes synergy between Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE) programming and immigrant integration efforts
- Emphasizes the role that AEFLA-funded practitioners can play to increase the quality of services
- Presents an opportunity to improve the quality of linguistic, civic, and economic integration services provided to diverse adult English learners (ELs)
- Understand the goal and scope of the EARN project
- Identify the role of IELCE in immigrant integration
- Identify strategies for supporting the integration of immigrant learners through partnerships
- Articulate the role of IELCE in career pathways
- Identify strategies for engaging and supporting international trained professionals and beginning ESOL learners in IELCE programming