What is it?
SkillBlox is a free, learning plan generation tool that pulls together learning materials from both publisher resources and free open education resources (OER). It organizes them by skill to provide an increased range of learning options for students. This tool currently includes only math resources, but more subjects are planned to be added.
How to obtain it?
Visit the website and create a teacher account. Students can create their own accounts.
What are the benefits?
- The resources come from high-quality, trusted sites.
- The content is standards-aligned.
- The resources are mobile-friendly.
- Instructors are able to create individualized learning plans for their students.
- The resources accommodate multiple learning modalities.
What are the drawbacks?
- This is a new tool and is still in a testing phase.
- This tool currently only includes math resources.
How can SkillBlox be used for education?
- For creating individualized learning plans for students
- For providing students with additional skill practice and resources