What is it?
Rocektbook is a reusable notebook. There are a variety of sizes available, costing from 10-32 dollars. The pages in this notebook can be uploaded to the Rocketbook app or another web tool such as Dropbox or Google docs.
How do you obtain Rocketbook™?
Rocketbook™ notebooks can be purchased directly from the Rocketbook site or at many retailers.
What are the benefits?
- You can save space by scanning your notes and storing them on an app.
- You can stay organized by storing your files in an app.
- You also save the environment by using fewer notebooks.
What are the drawbacks?
- According to the web reviews, it can only be reused so many times before it is no longer able to be erased.
- The price may be a deterrent, but it costs the same as seven name brand disposable notebooks.
- It requires a mobile device to scan the pages.
How can Rocketbook™ be used in education?
Rocketbook™ can be used to take and save notes, which would help a student with disabilities to stay organized.
Write in the Rocketbook®”.
Microwave the Rocketbook®.
The writing has vanished.
This blog contains ideas for educators about how to use Rocketbook™. Although it is aimed at K-12 educators, some of the same principles can be applied to adult learners.
Virginia Assistive Technology System (VATS) Website
Check out the Virginia Assistive Technology System (VATS) website. VATS, administered by the Virginia Department of Aging and Rehabilitative Services (DARS), has a library in Northern Virginia that contains many assistive technology devices. This library is free and open to any Virginia resident with a disability, their family members, and any services provider who works with them. The VATS library lends equipment for a short period of time and provides demonstrations of the equipment.