What is it?
Google Suiteis a collection of applications that are available to people who have a Gmail account. These applications include but are not limited to Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Calendar, Google Forms, and Google Sheets.
How to obtain it?
Sign up for a Gmail account.
What are the benefits?
- Available online and via mobile devices
- Allows for the ability to share documents and resources, and work collaboratively
- Available with a free Gmail account
What are the drawbacks?
- Users need to have a Gmail account. (Documents can be shared with those who use a different email platform but an email address is required.)
How can Google Suite be used for education?
- For providing students with resources and information
- For assigning students collaborative assignments
- For providing students with the opportunity to increase and practice digital literacy skills
- Sample Google Doc Assignment
- How to Access Google Drive
- How to Upload to Google Drive
- How to Share from Google Drive
- Collaborative Activities Using Google Apps Suite
- Google Teacher Cheat Sheet
- Getting to Know Gmail
- How to Use Google Jamboard for Remote Teaching
- Google Jamboard 2020 Updates
- Jamboard Tutorial 2020