Gather provides an interactive way to host location-based meetings in the virtual world.
What are the benefits?
- Gather makes accessibility a priority by providing tips on designing a more accessible space and helping blind or low vision users.
- Users can customize rooms in Gather.
- Gather allows users to feel more present in meetings.
- Users are not confined by space.
- Screen share can be used in Gather.
What are the drawbacks?
- Users must register with an email address.
- Users can only create meetings of up to 25 users with the free version of Gather.
How can it be used in education?
- Gather can be used for virtual office hours.
- Instructors can create breakout rooms for small group discussions and navigate between rooms to check student progress.
Gather Virtual Offices
Gather Town for Online Learning