Wakelet s a platform that allows teachers to gather, organize, and curate digital materials to share with students. Wakelet enables users to share tweets, PDFs, videos, and links to websites.
What are the benefits?
- All of the material for a topic is in one place.
- Wakelet is accessible to all and provides options to change the language and read the text back.
What are the drawbacks?
- Users need an email address to register for Wakelet.
- Users can only share PDFs and no other types of documents.
How can it be used in education?
- This tool can be used to showcase student work.
- Teachers can use it to share resources with their classes.
- Wakelet can be used as a collaboration tool for projects.
Check out the sample Wakelet embedded in this webpage!
This Wakelet was created for a course to accompany a synchronous online teaching session. All of the information (PDFs , links to Survey Monkey surveys, YouTube videos, how-to tutorials) that students need is included in the Wakelet. There is even an area where students can post their final project and make comments on their classmates’ posts.
Wakelet Showcase 1: How Teachers Can Engage Parents and Students!
Beginner’s Guide to Wakelet Webinar