is a free video recording and editing program that allows users to create videos using their screen, webcam, or both. This program is available for Chromebook, MAC, or Windows. ScreenPal is very easy to use and integrates easily with learning management systems and other platforms. After a video is created, the user can edit it in the program and save it as a file, upload it to ScreenPal, or upload it directly to YouTube.
What are the benefits?
- ScreenPal is easy to use.
- Videos can be created right from the user’s computer.
- It’s easy to upload from ScreenPal to YouTube.
What are the drawbacks?
- It’s not available for mobile devices.
- It only allows you to record up to 15 minutes with the free version.
- The free version does not automatically create closed captions, but it does provide a way for the user to generate closed captions in the program.
- The free version does not allow users to add text or draw, but the cheapest paid version is less than $2.00 per month.
How can it be used in education?
- It can be used to record welcome videos for online courses.
- The screen share option can be used for quick tutorials where a computer screen needs to be shared.