Pear Deck is a free add-on to Google Slides. Teachers can enhance their slides with interactive prompts and students can respond by answering with text, choosing from multiple-choice options, selecting numbers, visiting a website, creating a drawing, or dragging and dropping their responses.
What are the benefits?
- Students can answer questions in real time.
- By adding interactivity to slides, student engagement and participation are increased.
- Pear Deck provides free ready-to-teach templates designed by educators in a variety of subjects that support learning objectives.
What are the drawbacks?
- Users need a Google account to use Pear Deck.
- Pear Deck needs access to Google Slides, but they have very strict policies on how they use the information.
- Several features require the Premium version such as accessibility, immersive reader (which reads aloud), translation, and font size change.
How can it be used in education?
- Pear Deck can be used to check student understanding of a topic.
- This tool can be used to review material.
- Teachers can determine if students understand what is being taught based on student response.
Follow the link to view the sample Pear Deck. You will need a Google account to participate
Getting Started with Pear Deck
How to Make Interactive Google Slides With Pear Deck