Flippity is a free tool that allows users working with Google Sheets templates to create interactive educational games, activities, and tools for students. The templates are ready to use and can be downloaded with just one click. They are easily customizable and can be shared as a link or a QR code. They can also be embedded into a website or learning management system.
What are the benefits?
- It is easy to input and edit information because it can all be done in a Google spreadsheet.
- Thanks to Google Sheets’ collaboration function, these resources are highly interactive.
- Videos, images, and links can be added.
- Google provides demos and instructions for use.
- There are multiple non-digital activities that can be created and then printed for students who may not have internet access.
What are the drawbacks?
- Users need a Google account to use all of the Flippity resources. There are, however, several options where users do not need a Google account or need to use a spreadsheet to input data.
- Some features may be supported by ads.
- Multiple steps for creating and sharing some of the resources may be challenging for novice users.
How can it be used in education?
- Teachers can create interactive learning materials for any content area.
- Students can learn how to collaborate and work together online.
- Students can create their own activities which could be a fun, alternative project or assignment.
How to Make a Flipity Timeline in Google Sheets