GED® Extended Response Resources from GEDTS
GED® Testing Service offers many resources for educators who are supporting adult learners in developing the skills to perform well on the Reasoning through Language Arts (RLA) GED® subject test. Below, find direct links to some of the resources for understanding and teaching the RLA extended response (essay).
This ongoing free professional development webinar series takes a deeper dive into classroom strategies and techniques for the GED® test.
- Trends in Student Knowledge and Skills Gaps – RLA, Part 3 – Writing
- Trends in Student Knowledge and Skills Gaps – RLA, Part 1
- Taking the Angst Out of Scoring the GED® RLA Extended Response
- Prompts for Classroom Practice
- Extended Response Quick Tips for students
- Extended Response Videos (for students, sponsored by New Readers Press)
- Scoring Tools:
- Extended Response Resource Guide (includes daylight savings time prompt and scored student responses)
- Extended Response Resource Guide (includes highway taxation and revenue prompt and scored student responses)
- Scoring Tool
Graphic Organizers: Resources for the Classroom from Bonnie Goonen and Susan Pittman (see pages 12-13 for Both Sides Now evidence organizer for analyzing arguments)