Adobe Acrobat Reader (Liquid Mode)
What is it?
Adobe Acrobat Reader app provides a free way to open, share, print, and sign documents. One feature of the app is Liquid Mode which uses artificial intelligence to enhance the readability of PDFs on a mobile device so that users can view the text much like they would on a responsive website.
What are the benefits?
- Acrobat Reader Liquid Mode can be used for multiple languages.
- This app is available for iOS, Android devices, and Chromebooks.
- Liquid Reader is compatible with screen readers.
- This tool gives users the option of changing font size.
- Users can view the outline of a document in Liquid Mode.
What are the drawbacks?
- Liquid Mode will not work for scans or converted documents such as PowerPoint.
- This app will not work for documents over 200 pages or files over 10MB.
- Tables may be difficult to view in Liquid Mode.
How can it be used in education?
- Students can have easy access to readable materials from their phone while they are on the go.
- The ability to increase font size and the distance between the lines of text makes classroom materials easily accessible for all.
PDF Before Liquid Mode is Used
PDF After Liquid Mode is Used
Reading in Liquid Mode for Educators
Liquid Mode in Adobe Acrobat Reader